1. Processing of your personal data
- For the purpose of advancing your career, exposing you to job opportunities and employer branding (the “Purposes”), STEM Women Limited, Tempest Building, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 DT, United Kingdom (STEM Women) will control personal data about you and Graduateland ApS, Fruebjergvej 3, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark (Graduateland) will process personal data about you.
- www.careers.stemwomen.com is a collaboration between Graduateland and STEM Women. Graduateland has provided the technology behind the site and processes personal data. STEM Women controls access to that data and is the data controller.
- Below you will find a description of the personal data, which Graduateland will process about you as well as the purpose and on which legal ground STEM Women is processing and controlling access to the personal data.
- Our Data Protection representative is Stephen Rooney, contactable on firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Legitimate interest and contractual relationship
- STEM Women processes your personal data that you have submitted online in order to a) provide you with the services set out in the terms and conditions (the Services) which were agreed by you when you initially created your profile, and b) to fulfil any other contractual relationship with you. Your personal data is processed for the purpose of performing the Services and the legitimate interests of STEM Women pursuant to article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and it is assessed that STEM Women’s commercial interest in processing the personal data which you have submitted for the purposes of receiving the Services is in alignment with your interests in the data being processed. The legitimate interests of processing your personal data for the purpose of the Services are:
- to promote your professional profile to potential employers and thereby exposing you to job opportunities and advancements in your career;
- to provide you with information on job opportunities and university courses relevant to you to advance your career;
- to conduct statistics and reports and historical overviews to understand career trends;
- to make a profile of you based on your preferences and competencies to match your profile with business partners in section 3.3 and potential employers under section 3.4; and
- to administer your profile at www.careers.stemwomen.com.
STEM Women can process the following personal data about you for the above-mentioned purposes:
- Contact information, including name, e-mail, phone number etc.;
- Information about your education, work experience, CV, job preferences, language skills, interests, competencies, references ; and
- Your STEM Women profile information, including gender, nationality, age, date of birth etc.
If we collect special category data then we process it with your consent as we will have received the special category data from you for the purpose of providing our Services.
3. Confidentiality and information about processing of your personal data
- With regard to each of your visits to our web server we will automatically collect the following information:IP address, browser type and version, operating system, URL and referral URL. This information does not identify you personally. We also record when you last logged in.
- Your personal data will be stored by STEM Women and Graduateland, Graduateland’s IT hosting provider and Graduateland’s IT services providers (incl. tracking software suppliers).
- When you sign up and disclose your personal data on www.careers.stemwomen.com STEM Women will disclose your data to companies, universities, organisations, public authorities and institutions that match your preferences for the purpose set out in section 2. You can at any moment hide your profile so the above-mentioned cannot access your profile data.
- Please be informed that the level of data protection as currently applied and enforced in countries outside the United Kingdom (UK) and European Union does not conform to the level of data protection for personal data currently applied and enforced within the United Kingdom and European Union.
- STEM Women and Graduateland may engage third party service providers that will have access to and process your personal data. These include business partners, sub-contractors in technical, professional and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and professional advisors. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of our business. If such third party services providers process your personal data outside of the UK and EU/EEA, such transfer of personal data will be subject to the UK GDPR, or the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses.
- STEM Women and Graduateland will keep your personal data for 3 years or as long as needed in order to conduct statistics and historical overviews and to administer your profile at www.careers.stemwomen.com, unless STEM Women or Graduateland is required under applicable law to delete it or keep your personal data for a longer period.
- Graduateland will analyse your behaviour and personal data, including registering your competencies and educational background, in order to match your profile with the most relevant career opportunities.
4. Your rights
- You can obtain further information on the personal data which Stem Women and Graduateland store and processes about you by contacting email@example.com. Further, you may object to your personal data being processed, request that your personal data is rectified or restrict the processing of your personal data. If you wish to object to your personal data being processed, have your data rectified or restrict the processing of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with this message. Further, if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data, you may contact https://ico.org.uk
- You can obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format via your account settings. If technically feasible, you may request that the personal data is transmitted directly to another company or person acting as a data controller.
- If you are no longer interested in being exposed to employers and receiving information on relevant job opportunities, please delete your profile.
- The Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
- A subject access request should be submitted to email@example.com
5. Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Stephen Rooney at firstname.lastname@example.org