Ready to grow & develop your skills?
Make your year in work count with our 12-month placement, a fantastic opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience and develop the professional skills needed to launch your career. We offer support and mentoring from experienced professionals throughout this journey to help you grow and develop your skills whilst giving you the opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects.
So, where better than to come and join Tilbury Douglas! We are a reputable leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit out company and can offer both exciting and varied projects providing the perfect opportunity for you to fulfil your career ambitions within construction!
The things that make us different make us stronger, which is why diversity is plays such a key role in Tilbury Douglas. An inclusive culture drives business success and benefits everyone. We know by introducing a diverse workforce, new ways of thinking, innovative approaches which have not yet been explored will be introduced and everyone makes a difference including you! We invest in our people; their health and wellbeing are integral to what we do. Working at Tilbury Douglas is a rewarding environment. It is our people who make Tilbury Douglas a success, and you can be part of building a better future!
Visit our website Early Careers section for more information to help you decide if this is the career choice for you: Tilbury Douglas Early Careers
Locations: Castleford and Stockton
This role is based on a construction site as part of the site management team and will support the Site Engineer with regards to security, health and safety, along with organising and supervising materials and people. You will support the Site Engineers in marking out the site, making sure designs are applied correctly and you will liaise with customers and smaller companies who are working with us.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the Site Engineers in planning and organising daily work involving reading drawings, keeping records, following administration procedures, monitoring quality of work delivered by sub-contractors.
- Provide support with the preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other items that must be completed and delivered as required to complete successful Construction projects.
- You will develop the skills to use levelling equipment and measuring devices enabling use of computer-based systems – e.g., Computer Aided Design tools and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Support the site team in ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety, along with ensuring the site is compliant with the company’s standards for the environment and sustainability.
- Currently studying towards a degree in Construction Management or derivative of.
- Holds a UK driving licence and will have access to a vehicle for the duration of the placement.
What we are looking for from you
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design/construction IT packages.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects.
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable.
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
What we can offer you
- A salary of £20,000 per annum (paid pro rata for placements less than 12 months)
- 12 months placement on live construction projects
- Opportunity to be sponsored by Tilbury Douglas for your final year at university and join us as a graduate on completion of your degree.
- Support from our professionally qualified team to coach and mentor you, providing you with quality site experience which will set you apart from your peers.
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme including financial guidance and advice.
- Perks at Work Employee discount scheme offering discounts on a range of categories such as electronics, home appliances, food & groceries, car buying, travel, fitness and more.
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme.
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions.
How do I apply?
Click Apply Now to register your details and start your application journey!
Closing date 24th November 2023
We do not have a licence to offer sponsorship.
We do not use recruitment agencies for any of our Early Career’s vacancies.