SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defense, and security across 55 countries around the globe
Life At Smiths –
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centers of research excellence. From pioneering to powering life-changing innovation, we’re delivering threat detection and screening solutions to safeguard the world from threat
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in more than 55 countries, will be critical to our continued success
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AIML
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business
The Smiths Detection Global Training and Documentation department are looking to hire an enthusiastic candidate for a new role of Training Product Manager based in London. Over the past two years the Global Training and Documentation department has been transformed and is now a team of over 60 subject matter experts from diverse backgrounds. This new role is part of the Global Training and Technical Documentation leadership team and will directly report to the Senior Manager of Training Operations.
The Training Product Manager will be responsible for all Training Products. The purpose of the role is to generate maximum income, increase market share, increase profits, ensure return on investment and improve our customers satisfaction and experience while responding and aligning to the business strategy. The role holder will work closely with Project Managers, Training Delivery and Training Research to ensure all new training products are successfully managed from concept to successful commercialisation.
This role is global and will ultimately cover training requirements for all industries (e.g., Aviation, Defence, Urban) in all countries around the world. As such this role will entail a reasonable amount of international travel in support of Markets/Regions and Product exposure to end user market stakeholders.
Join us and we’ll help build your career, with excellent training and opportunities for career growth across the business, both locally and globally. You’ll experience an inclusive environment, with strong leadership and a focus on safety and wellbeing. You’ll also have the flexibility to choose from a wide range of benefits to suit your lifestyle, offering you and your family support from a health and wellbeing, financial and lifestyle perspective.
Standard security clearance will be required including 3 years UK residency.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Includes but not limited to)
- Manage the resources to deliver the Product/s that they are accountable for, efficiently and effectively between the relevant site (Centre of Excellence (CoE / manufacturing facility) and the Regions, Markets, contract/client, affiliates and partners where applicable.
- Own, create and be responsible for the outward-looking Market Requirements Documents (MRD) and the inward-looking Product Requirements Documents (PRD). Design, implement and drive cross functional activity to ensure the PRD meets the market demand and is fit for purpose aligned to the Product roadmap and business strategy.
- Develop, release, and manage plans necessary to deliver the Product/s project / program that they are accountable for efficiently and effectively between the site (CoE / manufacturing facility) and the Regions, Markets, contract/client, affiliates and partners where applicable. Therefore, ensuring acceptable customer deliveries and business financial objectives, whilst ensuring it is fit for purpose.
- Manage the relevant PLP Gate process and associated milestones for their Product range in a timely and proactive manner and support the PLP Lead and attend meetings.
- Support Central, Regional and Market Sales and Pursuit team/s personnel in key situations for Bids & Proposals, providing the technical support and Product Compliance input when necessary.
- Prioritise proposed enhancements to their Product range and calculate the cost/benefit inputs to the return-on-investment discussion based upon the customer’s strategy aligned to the MRD and PRD
- Maximize contribution margin while increasing market share Drive accountability toward achieving schedule, revenue and contribution margin commitments.
- Implement product launches, sales support and product promotions in line with PLP milestone requirements.
- Deliver Product and/or Solution specific proposals, presentations, concepts and solutions to identified decision makers (internal and external) and to internal business.
- Work with Government Relations to leverage the governmental processes aligned to MRD and PRD
- Interface with Production and Sales team for effective sales forecasts for their product line
- Conduct annual pricing reviews of all products and spare parts within area of responsibility.
- Formulate service concept in close alliance with service commercial team and aligned to the PLP Process.
• Technical Knowledge and Skills:
o Bachelor’s degree in business management or relevant field.
o Circa 3-6 Years experience in Product and or business management; participation in major project/s is useful, specific experience in Product marketing is preferred. Financial experience and know how, is an advantage.
o Experience creating and managing a Product roadmap.
o Extensive experience and understanding of different aspects of the business (Customer service, Manufacturing, Operations and installation, Purchasing, Sales, project, Marketing and R&D).
o Knowledge and experienced in the use of SAP as a tool is desirable but not essential.
o Understanding of or a willingness to learn about the of the SD product portfolio, technical capabilities and the broader industry requirements.
• Competencies and Abilities:
o The motivation & ability to persistently pursue and achieve effective results.
o The ability to make effective, timely decisions in a complex, global market by sourcing and analysing critical information.
o The understanding and recognition of the organisation’s commercial environment and positioning their role and actions to support success.
o The ability to engage, challenge and work effectively with others.
o The ability to build an effective network of relationships both internally and externally, understanding customer needs.
Ideal candidate must possess strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills with the ability to handle stressful leadership situations and adapt to changing priorities from multiple stakeholders. You must be able to bring operational rigour to deliver a compelling marketing and Product roadmap plan delivering results. We require you to have substantial experience of creating multi-platform propositions within a creative environment and you must have a sound understanding of the sales environment and an appreciation of the pressures and drivers associated with working in sales.
Experience of collaborating in a cross functional and cross-cultural organisation, with the ability to act as the bridge between the markets (sales) teams and the industry (vertical and horizontal) teams.
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. We have several employee-led Employee Resources Groups (women@work, Black Employees Network, Veterans, Pride Network) providing support, enhancing career development, and contributing to personal development in the work environment and beyond.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing. Avoid fraudulent requests by applying jobs directly through our career’s website (www.smithsdetection.com/careers)or LinkedIn.