Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there’d simply be no products in those stores.
Position National Supply Chain Assistant
Job Number 01251
Role Specification Supply Chain Project Coordinator – WMS Integration
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £34,690 – £40,510
We have an exciting opportunity for a Projects Coordinator tojoin our National Supply Chain Projects team. As a Projects Coordinator you will be responsible for WMS integration for our state-of-the-art automated distribution centre, opening in early 2025.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop within the business and play a key part in shaping the future of Aldi globally. Ready for more? Apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Successfully project manage work streams within a large scale software transformation programme, working collaboratively with business and IT representatives to integrate Aldi’s supply chain.
- Management of third-party warehouse automation providers to integrate new systems into large scale warehouse automation projects.
- Management and control of multiple supply chain projects, working with National and International IT departments, Buying, National and International Supply Chain Management, Regional Distribution Centres, and suppliers to deliver to agreed timeframes.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and coordination of teams at all levels of the business.
- Ensure projects meet time, budget and quality goals.
- Work with project teams and individuals to establishprocedures, plans and practices that promote the adoption of appropriatesolutions and ensure the sustainability of desired results.
- Responsiblefor risk and issue identification and management
- Coordination of weekly programme meetings, project statuses,project plans and programme level business updates
- Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with external partners. Manages Aldi’s partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
- Work with stakeholders to define project direction, budget and deliverables and to establish consensus and clear alignment at all levels.
- Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring due diligence and stakeholder engagement.
- Project Management experience
- Stakeholder Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Project Planning
- Proficient with Confluence, JIRA, and Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel, Word and MS Project
- Project delivery of large cross-functional projects
- Management and Planning of dependencies between multiple projects to deliver a programme of change
- Knowledge and experience of working with IT teams to deliver successful software transformations projects
- Demonstrate understanding of Logistics and Supply Chain (desirable)
- Experience with integrating and / or operating Manhattan Warehouse Management Systems into Automated Warehouses (desirable)
What you’ll get in Return
- Starting salary from £34,690 rising to £40,510
- Monday- Friday 8am to 4:30pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In-Office flexi time
- Full training provided
- Pension Scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years.
- Long service rewards.
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs.
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you more, apply today!