Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there’d simply be no products in those stores.
Position National Supply Chain Assistant
Job Number 01949
Role Specification Supply Chain Automation Projects Coordinator
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £34,690 – £40,510
We have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Projects Coordinator to join our National Supply Chain Projects team. As an Automation Projects Coordinator you will be responsible for managing supplier compliance with products packaging and inbound delivery requirements in line with warehouse automation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop within the business and play a key part in shaping the future of Aldi globally. Ready for more? Apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Assist and take responsibility for the successful delivery of automation projects within the National Supply Chain Management Department; working efficiently and accurately to ensure that project governance is adhered to.
- Analysing packaging requirements and interpreting data to assess the current packaging state and liaise with the relevant stakeholders for automation readiness.
- Organisation and delivering of supplier communication plans as and when required.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure accurate and timely information is shared with key stakeholders.
- Responsibility for completion of end-to-end projects within the role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Manage multiple automation related logistics projects and tasks; liaising with and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsibility for the processing and tracking of project action points and milestones.
- Use own initiative and suggest ways of improving processes for greater efficiency.
- Ensure correspondence is treated in the strictest confidence when required.
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with internal and external parties.
- Ensure a clear understanding of current actions, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
- Advanced standard of MS Tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project.
- Contribute positively and constructively to the Future Logistics Network Team.
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Previous experience in Logistics / Supply Chain & Projects
- Material Handling equipment project experience
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Project Planning
- Project delivery of large cross-functional projects
- Management and planning of dependencies between multiple projects to deliver a programme of change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent time management skills, as well as the ability to remain organised within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data accurately
- Experience in automated warehousing, with a wider commercial awareness for Project Management and Logistics (Desirable)
- Agile, Scrum or Waterfall experience (Desirable)
What you’ll get in Return
- Starting salary from £34,690 rising to £40,510
- Monday – Friday 8am to 4:30pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holiday
- In-Office flexi time
- Full training provided
- Pension Scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards.
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs.
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.