Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £50,945 – £58,680
Start Date: ASAP
Position: National IT Analyst
Role Specification: Store Technical Cutover Lead – 23 month FTC
This role is about bringing a passion for implementing IT solutions that will help us do things better as a business.
Our National IT teams support Aldi by delivering our system and infrastructure needs. With your knowledge of logistics, finance or store management (for example), you’ll have the foresight as to how we can evolve. And as we’re all about growth, challenges will be around every corner. Just the way you like it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. As our customers grow and change with technical advances, our own people and business need to as well.
We are looking for an experienced individual to supplement the already existing Stores National IT projects team to help support the transition of the current retail store estate to a new system IT landscape, ensuring a successful go-live.
The IT Store Cutover Lead will be responsible for the design / development / testing and deployment of store related cutover processes. The role will be a mixture of technical and project management activities. They will also be responsible to technically lead, train, supervise other colleagues during the transition.
The role requires working with several stakeholder groups, including International and National IT teams, External 3rd parties and Business teams. It also requires pro-active monitoring and analysis, along with incident and problem management.
As part of the team the post holder will report to the Stores National IT Manager and will support in the below.
If you’re always striving to improve and want to join a really important part of the business, apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- You will manage and oversee the execution of cutover activities, ensuring alignment with project timelines and objectives.
- Assist in testing and deployment of POS (Point-Of-Sale) software supported by the current teams.
- Support with the coordination of external testing, with third party vendors and/or International IT developers.
- Guiding and structuring testing / processes required for robust deployments of enhanced applications for both existing and new solutions.
- Leading on the technical elements of Store cutover preparation and execution.
- Maintenance and administration of necessary equipment and supplies for Stores testing needs.
- Design / implement and maintain cutover relevant test environments.
- Create / update / troubleshoot PowerShell scripts which will be used during the cutover process.
- Obtain detailed knowledge on how Store software and hardware are integrated into the new landscape (SAP).
- Analyse and define application support requirements in preparation for service go-live (ITIL).
- Be responsible for prioritising and resolving issues based upon business impact and urgency.
- Analyse the impact of changes to Store software and infrastructure, taking proactive action to mitigate risks.
- Risk and Issue Management to identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues.
- Liaise with IT and International IT (IIT) departments as well as wider business teams, ensuring timely resolution of reported issues.
- Develop training materials and other support documentation.
- Provide visibility of future application versions and functionality, which may impact business or IT processes.
- Ensures policy compliance within area of responsibility.
- Experience and good understanding of Store POS/ePOS solutions and processes
- Experience of creating, executing and maintaining test scripts and testing cycles
- Experience in the building of servers and installation of Software
- Experience of supporting applications and deployments to live operations
- Experience in translating technical error log files to conduct root cause analysis
- Windows Server, PowerShell, Postgres SQL, Linux
- Flexible and the ability to work independently, upon their own initiative and at a fast pace
- Good technical ability and communication skills
What You’ll get in Return
- Salary starting from £50,945 rising to £58,680
- 5-day/40-hour week, working Monday- Friday, with the opportunity for remote working 3 days per week. Regular out of hours work will be required (weekend/evening/night shifts) during Cutover periods
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you more, apply today!