Are you an engineering professional with a passion for consumer product design? Do you have a proven track record of delivering delightful, meaningful, beautiful products that customers love? Well then pizza pal, get on over here!
We are looking for several Senior Design Engineers to join our awesome Product Team to ensure we continue to deliver on our promise of providing world class pizza ovens and pizza accessories. We’re investing in infrastructure to build a truly world class product development and engineering facility right here in Scotland and are looking for new team members to take our team to the next level. This is a huge opportunity to join a highly motivated team of design and engineering professionals creating great products, great culture and, of course, great pizza.
Reporting to the Head of NPD, you will be a vital member of our NPD Ovens team. You will work closely with all the members of the team to guide products through a stage-gate development process from concept vision through to mass production.
This is a hybrid role, with in-person time at our Product HQ in Broxburn, West Lothian.
What you’ll do:
- Manage projects through a stage-gate process and maintaining project timescales.
- Create fully detailed designs and develop manufacturable Product Design from metal, plastics, wood and composites in Solidworks
- End-to-end involvement across multiple projects; inputting in concept ideation, accountable for the engineering development and responsible for seeing multiple projects through to manufacture and launch.
- Test prototypes throughout the development process to work through technical challenges
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA), utilising new technologies, materials and processes
- Deliver robust and high quality CAD, in surfacing, solid modeling and standard drawings
- Ensuring our impact on the planet is minimised. We take our responsibilities to sustainability very seriously and seek to make improvements in our products and processes wherever we can
- Champion our values of Passion, Kindness, Innovation, Rigour and Ambition
In order to be considered, you’ll need:
- Previous experience working in a senior role as a Product Designer, Design Engineer or Industrial Designer with the ability to manage the design process and inspire the team around you – this is essential
- Experience with Solidworks, including advanced modeling techniques such as surface modeling
- To have designed and developed products in a range of materials and processes. You’ll need to show provide examples of when these projects will have been launched to market
- Experience managing the development process with a strong understanding of manufacturing processes to inform your design solutions
- Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills and are comfortable communicating with both peers and senior management
- To be team player that’s optimistic and solutions driven. You’ll love sharing your experiences and guiding other members of our team
You’ll get bonus points if you have experience in these areas:
- Designing and developing hard good products for mass production
- Injection molding designing and knowledge of tooling limitations
- Sheet metal forming tool designing with both mild and stainless steel
- Additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques and technologies
- Designing for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing Processes
- With DFMEA
- Working with consumer Electronics and working with Electrical Engineering Teams
- Designing for PCBA installations, housings, connectors and cable routing
- Working with overseas suppliers and manufacturers
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. We’re super proud of our culture and think you’ll love it here too. Here are some other reasons:
- Work for an employer that cares about your wellbeing! We’ve got an employee assistance programme which includes on demand coaching and therapy sessions, plus a weekly yoga class
- 35 days of paid time off per year, plus an additional 5 week sabbatical when you’ve been here for 5 years
- £500 every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- We’re all about giving back. That’s why we offer two paid days to volunteer each year
- Continuing Education – we encourage our employees to use our learning platform to grow here at Ooni
- Oh and great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
Take a look at our website to learn more about our products, culture and values. If you like what you see, then please send over the following:
- A short cover letter on why you’d love to join Ooni
- PDF portfolio of your most impressive and appropriate work
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org