This is about putting our products through their paces. After all, only the best will do.
Our products go through rigorous tests before hitting our shelves. First off, we need to assess if they meet both legal and safety requirements. After that it’s down to quality. It means you’ll organise panels for testing, co-ordinate meetings with suppliers and put in place the processes and procedures that help us make well-informed purchasing decisions.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. Naturally, the products we select for these stores are central to our success. And Quality Assurance is an essential part of this winning formula.
Position Quality Assurance Assistant
Job Number 02064
Role Specification Quality Assurance Assistant
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £34,690 – £40,510
Aldi’s own brand is at the heart of our business model. We are committed to delivering on quality at a great price to our customers at a time they need this most. The opportunity to play an integral part in delivering great products for customers is huge and we are committed to accelerating our growth.
As a Quality Assurance Assistant, you will be part of a team that is accountable for making sure that Aldi products meet our high specifications by driving a culture of quality across our supply base. You will have experience in a food manufacturing or food retail food quality environment, liaising with suppliers and Buying teams to communicate on product issues, routine due diligence, customer complaints and continuous improvement.
Important to the role is being a confident communicator with the ability to network at all levels within Aldi. Being a team player will mean you naturally fit well with our Aldi culture. You will need to demonstrate that you can pro-actively manage your area of responsibility and assist in developing and maintaining quality management systems. This is a key support role within the Quality Assurance team, and you will be required to operate with pace and leadership. If you have a passion for food safety, quality, and innovation, then this is the role for you.
If you’re always striving to improve and want to join a really important part of the business, apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Provide food expertise across several product areas/ temperature regimes
- Supplier Management
- Managing the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing with internal and external parties
- Able to influence cross functionally and across all levels within the business
- Provide timely support to the Quality and Buying teams
- Assisting in the development and maintaining of QA systems, procedures, and documentation
- General Administration duties, and covering other QA Assistants where necessary
- Technical experience within Food Manufacturing, Quality or Retail
- Knowledge of quality management systems/product safety controls
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Confident, professional, and articulate
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Computer Literate: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High level of attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
What You’ll get in Return
- Salary starting £34,690 rising to £40,510
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs
- Access to a free,24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.