It’s simple, really. You’ll be an expert in your field, and our go-to person for all things IT in the technical or commercial arena.
Our National IT teams support Aldi by delivering our system and infrastructure needs. In this vital, hands-on role, you’ll provide first and second-level support. Plus, you’ll make recommendations to improve what we do – testing new and existing programs as needed. You’re a specialist after all.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. As our customers grow and change with technical advances, our own people and business need to as well.
Position National IT Technician
Job Number 02037
Role Specification PMO Expert
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Fixed Term
Salary £34,825 – £50,390
We are looking for an experienced PMO Expert to join the team on a 23-month fixed term contract to help support the successful delivery of deployment and industrialisation (regional rollouts) in the local project management office (PMO) activities.
A role in the Cross Deployment Management Office (CDMO) Team is a great opportunity to play a part in helping to deliver the project. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a global transformation project and form relationships with colleagues across all domains and across the ALDI global network of countries.
Reporting to the Cross Deployment Management Office Manager, the candidate will need to collaborate and co-ordinate a variety of people with different skills sets at all levels of the programme (across all domains). The position requires strong communication skills, stakeholder management, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced but sometimes ambiguous environment demanding adaptability to an ever-changing set of requirements.
If you feel that you have what it takes to deliver a consistent and effective Project Management function, then we want to hear from you.
If you’re always striving to improve and want to join a really important part of the business, apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Support the introduction and continued use of the project management methodologies, governance and instruments to the project organisation and ensure adherence to these
- Support in the area of task management, ensuring all teams are on track with their activities
- Assist in detailing and aligning the deployment project plan(s) as well as monitoring and tracking progress
- Maintaining reporting and track risks and issues at a country level
- Supports in the coordination and preparation of regular status PMO reporting (on track activities)
- Provide organisational and administrative support to the Country Deployment Management Office and Country Deployment Leads
- Assist in identifying, documenting, and tracking of dependencies at a country level
- Assist and support in budget, financial and resource topics
- Drives lessons learnt activities
- Managing, controlling, and setting access levels and compliance for SharePoint, Confluence, etc.
- Charismatic, team focused, and target driven
- Prior experience of working in a PMO or in project management.
- An open-minded approach
- Ability to manage and build relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to take responsibility with a pragmatic, goal-oriented approach
- Excellent project, communication, and organisational skills
- Ability to proactively work towards challenging deadlines through multitasking and resilience
- Proficient use of all MS Office programmes (especially PowerPoint)
- Highly self-motivated and reliable
What You’ll get in Return
- Salary starting from £34,825 rising to £50,390
- 5-day/40-hour week, working Monday- Friday, with the opportunity for remote working 3 days per week.
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.