Here at STEM Women, we run careers events that introduce female STEM students to graduate employers. We have become the market leader within this niche, growing sector.
Due to the popularity of our events, we are looking to hire an Outreach Co-Ordinator to develop our community outreach processes and assist with event preparations.
This position would suit an enthusiastic and confident person who enjoys communicating with a variety of contacts daily and is a strong public speaker. The role requires a proactive and capable individual to help develop processes and remain organised.
This role would be suitable for an individual looking to begin a career in events management and /or community development.
The primary purpose of this role will be to develop meaningful relationships with universities and societies to promote our events. You will also prepare our event speakers, including testing they are able to use our platforms and know what is expected of them during their presentations. You will support the Events Manager on event days, and be able to step in to cover any presenting that is required. Training will be provided in these areas.
You will also step in to cover ad hoc tasks with the Event Team when required, including direct outreach to students to increase our event registrations and help us meet deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop relationships with universities and societies and add these to our CRM.
- Develop a newsletter for university contacts with our Head of Content.
- Offering and running free skills sessions to students at university level.
- Liaising with our Sales Team to collect speaker details and invite speakers for preparation.
- Run speaker preparation sessions, greet speakers on event days before their session and thank speakers post event.
- Manage any guest speakers we hire for our events and keep a record of strong speakers we would like to re-use in the future.
- General event day support to Events Manager and covering any STEM Women presenting tasks as required.
- Excellent communication skills via phone, email and public speaking.
- Ability to implement processes and build up a network of university contacts.
- Events, public speaking or community development experience will be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and be a valuable member of our Events team.