A BETTER PARTNER. A CLEANER WORLD
Who are enfinium?
enfinium is one of the largest energy-from-waste businesses in the UK and an industry leader in the conversion of non-recyclable residential and business waste into heat and partially renewable power. enfinium currently has a platform of six (two in construction) strategically located facilities across the UK. Today, enfinium has an annual waste processing capacity of over 2.3 million tonnes, and a total combined electric generating capacity of 265MW (gross) – enough energy to power more than 500,000 UK homes. enfinium is owned by infrastructure investment funds managed by Igneo Infrastructure Partners
This is a very exciting new opportunity to join enfinium and the Skelton Grange team at its infancy throughout the end of construction and see the site through commissioning and into being an operational EfW.
As you will be joining the team prior to the site being operational this gives you a unique advantage to build your own team and help shape the culture of the future workforce.
Skelton Grange is an energy from waste facility in Leeds in construction. Once completed, it will process up to 410,000 tonnes of residual waste and use it to generate 49MW (gross) of renewable baseload electricity per annum. This is enough energy to power more than 100,000 UK homes.
At enfinium we’re guided by five principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right and safe way:
One Team – Pride Matters – Safety on Purpose – Make a positive impact – Take Ownership
As a Company, we really value our employees and as such, offer a generous employee benefits package which includes the following:
- Vitality Private Medical care
- Private Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Company pension with a 6% company contribution
- Perkbox to get all your Highstreet discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Uniform provided
- Continuous learning and development through our e-learning portal and access to role-based qualifications
What is the role?
Reporting to the General/Plant Manager this role is responsible for:
- The safe, proper and efficient operation of the plant in accordance with Company policies and standards, under the direction of the General/Plant Manager.
- Optimising the disposal of waste, generation of electricity and recovery of recyclates.
- Ensure operational activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental licenses and general duty of care.
- Achieving and improving operational performance against regulatory standards and key performance indicators.
- As a Senior Authorised Person (SAP), responsible for the Site Safety Rules and their implementation.
What you will be doing?
Please see below a brief overview of the role and the responsibilities
- Manages all operational aspects of the plant including recruitment, induction, appraisal and training of operational staff in accordance with Company procedures.
- Meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Monitor and, where possible, improve plant, processes and labour productivity.
- Propose technically competent and commercially feasible plant and process developments.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing operating and emergency procedures.
- Available to be called in during emergency situations and manage plant breakdowns when necessary.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets through regular accounts reviews and forecasts.
- Analyse and implement cost reductions and develop plans to improve financial performance.
- Assist the General/Plant Manager in developing operational and maintenance budgets and strategies.
- Ensure all activities in the plant are carried out with the highest regard for the health, safety & environmental consideration and well-being of all employees and customers on site.
- Ensure compliance with the site Environmental Permit and other Environmental Legislation.
- As a Senior Authorised Person, be responsible for the Safety Rules and their implementation.
This role has supervisory responsibilities for Operations Staff (Shift and Day Ops).
Desirable qualifications & Competencies
- Degree or Higher National Diploma / Certificate or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline (mechanical or electrical)
- Extensive experience of managing a sizeable multi-disciplined process operation with a good technical understanding of combustion, steam and water systems and the effective and safe operation of a power plant.
- A proven hands-on leader capable of motivating and inspiring a team to work enthusiastically, with good communication and organisational skills, able to manage, coach and motivate the operations team.
- Self-driven with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing budgets and in training and development of staff.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, regulations, guidance and systems relating the applications and technology being managed.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and take the initiative where required.
Make a difference today to deliver a cleaner tomorrow