New Graduate – Technical Support Engineer - French Speaking
Location: Cork, Ireland
Start Date: July 2021
If you thrive in an open, positive and innovative culture, VMware could be the place for you. At our core, we are people who care about execution, passion, integrity, our customers and community who build and use technology as a force for good. Learn more about our story here!
As a Technical Support Engineer Graduate within VMware, you’ll provide technical support to customers who are working to implement VMware products and pursue other related issues. You will work within the Technical Support team under our Global Support Services Organisation, gaining in-depth knowledge about our exciting industry-leading Cloud computing and Virtualization platforms and solutions.
Our Technical Support team are elite trouble-shooters, working closely with our customers to keep their environment's delivering value to their internal customers. This Graduate Program will not only equip you to understand our customers environments, but provide you with an in-depth understanding of hardware, systems, applications and Cloud and Virtualisation technologies. Generally, graduates in this area will become deeply competent in the technology that is meaningful to the organisation they work for.
There are many attractive opportunities for promotion and career development plus organisation and global mobility possibilities within our company.
What is in it for you?
- Join an atmosphere that is fun, casual and inviting, staying true to our roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up
- Be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment – one of energy, creativity, collegiality and collaboration
- Experience an initial 10-week formal training to prepare you for your role and work in a continuous learning organization where initiative, drive and passion, for progression are nurtured and rewarded
- Work as part of a multi-functional team that together seeks to understand and resolve complex problems for our customers
- Opportunities to troubleshoot with some of our biggest companies and organizations globally
- Become highly proficient in Operating Systems, Storage, Networking and Virtualization
- Opportunity to innovate, create and design new solutions as emergent technologies evolve
- Craft valuable Knowledge Base articles that will be shared with all our customers
- You can achieve a number of industry leading VMware recognized Certifications, including the VMware Certified Professional Exam VCP-DCV 2020
- Attractive compensation and benefit package
- Individual career path – career growth enhanced by learning and development programs, regular performance assessment and teams of worldwide IT professionals
- 40 paid hours of volunteering – a unique platform for our people to generously give back through 40 hours of paid service learning
- Respond to customer inquiries in French and English, primarily by e-mail and web-tickets
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Partner directly with other technical support staff both locally and globally, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries, collect logs and obtain a clear problem description, with issue resolution as the ultimate goal
- Use Knowledge Bases to guide the resolution of customer issues
- Working as our customers advocate, provide a delightful experience
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking stack and key networking concepts
- Comprehension of enterprise LAN/WAN environment an advantage
- Good user experience with Windows and Linux OS systems
- A naturally inquisitive mind for the technologies of tomorrow
- A real passion for sharing and giving to your colleagues and our customers
- A solid ability to communicate with customers and across organizations
- Fluent in French
- Fluency in English
- Experience in any IT role or software development skills in web technologies
- Graduates must have graduated within 12 months of the start date (July 2020)
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.