This role is about bringing a passion for implementing IT solutions that will help us do things better as a business.
Our National IT teams support Aldi by delivering our system and infrastructure needs. With your knowledge of logistics, finance or store management (for example), you’ll have the foresight as to how we can evolve. And as we’re all about growth, challenges will be around every corner. Just the way you like it.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. As our customers grow and change with technical advances, our own people and business need to as well.
Position National IT Assistant
Job Number 01351
Role Specification National Supply Chain Data Analyst
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £50,945 – £58,680
A role in the National Supply Chain function is a great opportunity to play a key part in shaping the future department and its ways of working. You will gain valuable experience working on a global transformation project and have a significant role in being a source of analytical expertise within your function. You will form relationships with across all domains and across the Aldi global network of countries.
You will support the Supply Chain Team and will work with representatives from across all business and IT domains. As the department and the transformation project evolves, so will the role. As such you will require a proactive approach and an ability to be resilient, whilst managing multiple responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for data, reporting and analytics, whilst working within the National Supply Chain Function, at the heart of the business.
The role would suit a data scientist with knowledge of R Studio, Python and analytics software, confidently working with Big Data and using analytical skills to make recommendations. Having the ability to effectively present this information, through visualization tools will be key. The individual will also be able to communicate effectively and share their reports and data sets both clearly and meaningfully to different stakeholders.
If you’re looking for a career with a business that means more to it’s colleagues, join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Managing a workload of data analyses sprints and report creation tasks
- Collaborating with multiple departments to ensure that our Supply Chain teams have the tools they need to operate effectively
- Solving complex problems with data insights
- Working with IT and Supply Chain counterparts to successfully implement a key area of the global transformation project
- To identify and communicate project information necessary for senior management decision making
- Supports creation and maintenance of deployment project plans
- Data analysis and maintenance, using a range of skills
- Scripting and/or automation capabilities
- Ability to create sophisticated business reports
- A clear passion for and capability to solve problems
- Create and deliver presentations to illustrate processes and share insights
What you’ll get in Return
- Salary starting from £50,945 rising to £58,680
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs.
- Access to a free,24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.