In this varied role, you’ll provide support to a specialist field, such as Finance & Administration, Payroll, Handling of Payments or Project Management.
National Administration takes a closer look at how Aldi is performing and shares best practice knowledge with our international business. Detail-focused and conscientious, you’ll act as a reliable point of contact for any related queries, which means the tasks in relation to that could be huge. We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. It means now, more than ever, we need to keep on top of our finances.
Position National Administration Assistant
Job Number 01849
Role Specification Data Visualiser – FTC – 9 months
Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Fixed Term
Salary £34,690 – £40,510
An exciting opportunity for a Data Visualiser to join our National Finance and Administration department on a 9-month fixed term contract. You will be integrating qualitative and quantitative data and use it to address business demands, identify opportunities and deliver critical insights.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop within the business and play a key part in shaping the future of Aldi globally. Ready for more? Apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Integrates qualitative and quantitative information from a wide range of sources to address core business demands, identify opportunities and deliver critical insights
- Clarifies, visualises and helps to interpret results of implemented analytical models
- Designs, builds and maintains dashboards and reports based on business requirements
- Optimises dashboards and queries for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensures development output is robust and reliable and adheres to agreed design guidelines and principles
- Ensures development output is documented and maintained in national/international report catalogue from a report development/maintenance point of view
- Processing of demands that include touchpoints with frontend development
- Handles ambiguity, generates key assumptions and draws conclusions, synthesizing and structuring analyses into clear, sound recommendations
- Supports the development of value-adding strategies and data-driven decision making
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders across functions and within the BI team
- Excellent command of MS Office, with a focus on Excel
- Expertise in statistics/ economics/ computer science
- Experience with Controlling processes and tools
- Profound knowledge in exploratory creation of dashboards/reports
- Understanding of data and information presentation and consumption by end-users
- Handling of industrialisation for standard dashboards/reports
- Knowledge on exploratory creation of metrics, KPIs, dimensions and ad-hoc data integration and industrialisation of such
- Experience in state of the art BI Tools such as Tableau & Alteryx
- Excellent communication skills
What You’ll get in Return
- Starting salary from £34,690 rising to £40,510
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs.
- Access to a free,24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.