A BETTER PARTNER. A CLEANER WORLD
Who are enfinium?
enfinium is one of the largest energy-from-waste businesses in the UK and an industry leader in the conversion of non-recyclable residential and business waste into heat and partially renewable power. enfinium currently has a platform of six (two in construction) strategically located facilities across the UK. Today, enfinium has an annual waste processing capacity of over 2.3 million tonnes, and a total combined electric generating capacity of 265MW (gross) – enough energy to power more than 500,000 UK homes. enfinium is owned by infrastructure investment funds managed by Igneo Infrastructure Partners
This is a very exciting new opportunity to join enfinium and the Skelton Grange team at its infancy throughout the end of construction and see the site through commissioning and into being an operational EfW.
As you will be joining the team prior to the site being operational this gives you a unique advantage to build your own team and help shape the culture of the future workforce.
Skelton Grange is an energy from waste facility in Leeds in construction. Once completed, it will process up to 410,000 tonnes of residual waste and use it to generate 49MW (gross) of renewable baseload electricity per annum. This is enough energy to power more than 100,000 UK homes.
At enfinium we’re guided by five principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right and safe way:
One Team – Pride Matters – Safety on Purpose – Make a positive impact – Take Ownership
As a Company, we really value our employees and as such, offer a generous employee benefits package which includes the following:
- Vitality Private Medical care
- Private Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Company pension with a 6% company contribution
- Perkbox to get all your Highstreet discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Uniform provided
- Continuous learning and development through our e-learning portal and access to role-based qualifications
What is the role?
Reporting to the Plant Manager this role is responsible managing and co-ordinating maintenance staff and the activities of the Maintenance Department which will include, but not be limited to, installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, adjusting and calibrating all plant equipment and instrumentation. Plans and conducts major outages, implements and directs an effective PM program and lubrication plans.
What you will be doing?
Please see below a brief overview of the role and the responsibilities
- Manages and directs a team comprising engineers/mechanics, electricians, I&C technicians and maintenance planners to maintain functionality of the plant, in accordance with appropriate Company safety and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Analyses and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Provides leadership, overall mechanical and I&C maintenance department activities including, but not limited to preventative, predictive, corrective, emergency, contracted and warranty service.
- Selects and implements service agreements with approved service providers for maintenance programs on critical assets.
- Prepares, authorises and schedules completion of work orders for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Develops, maintains and implements maintenance, operating and emergency procedures.
- Maintains and enforces all Company environmental compliance, safety and health requirements, policies, procedures and rules. Ensures conformance to relevant statutory requirements.
This job has supervisory duties. The jobholder will be expected to manage a team of people consisting of E,C&I Technicians, Engineers and Mechanical Technicians.
Desirable qualifications & Competencies
- BSc in an Engineering discipline – preferably Mechanical, Facilities, Industrial, or other disciplines related to power generation.
- In-depth knowledge of welding, electrical design, maintenance, and repair issues, and knowledge of instrumentation/control issues
- Experience in managing budgets in the power plant environment
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Manages stressful situations professionally.
- Contributes to a positive team spirit and enhances plant morale.
- IT literate.
- Treats people with respect.
- Works ethically and with integrity at all times.
Make a difference today to deliver a cleaner tomorrow