About the programme
Our goal is to give you a real sense of what it’s like to work at Jane Street full time. Over the course of your internship, you will explore ways to approach and solve exciting problems within your field of interest through fun and challenging classes, interactive sessions and group discussions—and then you will have the chance to put those
lessons to practical use.
As an intern, you will be paired with full-time employees who act as mentors, collaborating with you on real-world projects we actually need done. When you are not working on your project, you will have plenty of time to enjoy our office amenities, explore our physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events and engage with the parts of our work that excite you the most.
If you’ve never thought about a career in finance, you’re in good company. Many of us were in the same position before working here. If you have a curious mind, a collaborative spirit and a passion for solving interesting problems, we have a feeling you’ll fit right in.
About the Position
We are hiring Summer 2024 IT Operations Engineer Interns for our London office. If you are imagining a daily routine that involves making copies and watching as someone turns a computer off and back on, think again: this is not your typical IT internship.
We will train you as if you’re joining our full-time team of IT Operations Engineers who are responsible for the support, configuration and operation of multiple systems across all of our technology stacks, including desktop engineering, network and various application platforms.
You will help in a hands-on capacity as we make improvements to our office environment. This can include: responding to technology support requests, building and configuring Windows and Linux devices, supporting our Windows domain infrastructure, monitoring and supporting systems and helping with projects to optimise the way we work using tools like PowerShell.
Our IT interns are friendly and collaborative problem-solvers who enjoy helping people. They are able to troubleshoot in real time and listen patiently to the end user, and are comfortable asking questions and admitting to mistakes. Our internships provide a great introduction to Jane Street and how we think about and solve problems across all teams. Often, successful interns have been invited to return for a full-time position after graduation.
We don’t expect you to have a background in finance or any other specific field—we’re more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- Graduating in 2025
- Available to work 40 hours per week in person in our London office (approx.
hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday)
- Interested in learning about networking, programming or system administration
- Eager to help people and solve problems; able to communicate clearly and respectfully
- A reliable team player with a “no job too small” attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Humble and unafraid to ask questions and admit mistakes
- Able to deconstruct technical problems, and willing to take a hands-on approach to gain experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues at the desktop, server and network levels
- Able to develop and maintain technical documentation
- Fluency in English required
The following skills are a plus, but certainly not required as the role includes on-the-job technical training:
- Familiarity with a scripting language, such as PowerShell or Bash
- Knowledge of computer hardware components and how they interact with each other
- Familiarity with the Windows operating system and productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel and Word
How to Apply
Apply directly via the Jane Street website by clicking “Apply now”
Deadline for applications: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
Duration of internship: June – September 2024