RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Start date: September 2024
Location(s): Swindon, Wiltshire, GB, SN5 6PB
From here, choose a whole world of experience
Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Whether we’re delivering power to millions, trading in new areas across the globe or leading the rapid growth of offshore wind, RWE is at the forefront of the energy industry. But we wouldn’t be there without world-class IT.
Working in close partnership with leading technology companies, our IT functions drive efficiency and innovation across the whole of our business. As one of our graduates, you will be able to create your own career path across our locations and gain broad exposure, while working alongside expert colleagues and building up your knowledge. By the end of the two-year programme, you will have the ideal foundations to grow, develop and thrive as a finance professional. Join our RWE IT Graduate Programme and you can be part of it, as you work alongside and collaborate with some of the brightest people in the field, using new, agile techniques and technologies.
Unlike our RWE Supply & Trading IT Developer Programme, which focuses more narrowly on coding and development, this more general IT programme will expose you to many different areas of our work – from security to project management, from RWE Supply & Trading to RWE Renewables and RWE AG.
The contribution you’ll make
Working in close partnership with leading technology companies, our IT functions drive efficiency and innovation across the whole of our business. Right from the start, you’ll gain experience and insights into various IT functions, while at the same time learning how we manage the overall IT strategy.
The aim is for you to thrive and grow as an IT professional. So, throughout the programme, you will have the chance to work on real projects with real impact. You’ll learn about our global business from the inside, working on meaningful projects in areas including:
- Connectivity and Unified Communications, RWE’s competence team, integrator and management unit for all IT communication technologies
- Group Cyber Security manages the security for the RWE Group worldwide.
- IT Solutions who manage and operates a portfolio of specific digital and application solutions.
- IT Management & Strategy who develop and own the IT & Digital Strategy and manage the operationalization of strategic initiatives
- Innovation and Digitalisation that look beyond RWE’s current IT landscape
- IT Infrastructure teams that ensure RWE’s IT landscape is always up and running
- Corporate IT manage RWE Cloudification Programme (RCP)
- Asset Information Management operate and improve the RWE’s data backbone
- CIO Office, Vendor Management support the CIO support our CIO and the various IT departments throughout the RWE Group by defining clear responsibilities and assisting them based on their different requirements and needs.
- … and many more
There’s the opportunity to complete both technical and non-technical rotations in many of the teams mentioned above. Some examples of more technical roles include supporting our digitalisation and Cloudification Programme, product application ownership and maximising visualisation and reporting technology (such as Tableau, Databricks), data analysis/data engineering support in different projects, development of tools based on machine learning, software development and many more.
Whichever team you join, you’ll be welcomed as an equal. Your perspective will be valued. You’ll be trusted to deliver the work you’re given. And with each new rotation, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need to become an industry expert.
The qualities you’ll bring
Are you passionate about IT, digital technologies, and innovative solutions? Committed to building a career in the energy industry? Keen to learn, grow and take ownership and accountability? Then you could be just the kind of exceptional person we’re looking for. Some relevant work experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
As well as a keen interest in the energy industry and the readiness to explore our markets and our business, you’ll need:
- a degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in IT or a similar statistical or numerate subject such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics with strong IT acumen.
- passion and knowledge for IT
- a positive approach to working in a team
- to be motivated by taking on new challenges
- a commercial and analytical mind
- the ability to adapt and learn quickly
- an enthusiasm for developing your skills and exploring new opportunities
- to be open to travelling to multiple locations
- fluent English
Whilst we are looking for technical IT skills, a keen interest in and willingness to learn these skills are also welcomed.
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWE we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned an graduate buddy and a senior mentor within your field who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the IT business.
We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members. We are committed to developing our Early Career Cohort, encouraging their passion to grow, and helping to develop their skills with their future career in mind. Our development journey is anchored around a strengths based programme designed specifically for graduates, allowing you the chance to shape your own development and experience a deeply personalised learning in immersive learning environments. All this is further complemented by instructor-led training.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 70% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays; you can also buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
- Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- International rotations to Germany, Singapore, the US or possibly further afield
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Free on-site health care plus access to AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life matters
- Access to a modern office & state-of-the-art IT
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies – join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
From here, you have a choice to make
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews and podcasts. Find out more on https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal or by looking for us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
As an inclusive employer, we want to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions? email@example.com or Kate Greening-Poade, T: +44 207 898 1954
Apply before 30th October 2023 with just a few clicks: 83195
Please upload your CV and cover letter in English and as one document. Also, please include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,800 employees from over 70 different countries trade electricity, gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from RWE.