Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, GB, SN5 6PB
Start date: September 2024
From here, choose a whole world of experience
Are you passionate about people? Do you strive to be an enabler and trusted partner within a large organisation? Are you looking to make a real, positive impact on people’s personal growth, as well as team success? Then get
ready to join us on this two-year graduate programme. From here, you’ll have the chance to gain a holistic view of all related Human Recourses functions at a leading employer in the energy industry.
As one of our graduates, you will be able to create your own career path across our locations and gain broad exposure, while working alongside expert colleagues and building up your knowledge. By the end of the two-year programme, you will have the ideal foundations to grow, develop and thrive as a HR professional.
The contribution you’ll make
Over the two years, you’ll progress through four six-month placements of your own choosing, doing meaningful work and contributing to all aspects of HR across the entire RWE Group. Potential areas you could gain exposure to are:
- HR Operations
- HR Controlling
- Compensation & Benefits
- Diversity & Inclusion
- HR Marketing & Employer Branding
- People & Organisational Development
- …and much more
The qualities you’ll bring
We are looking for the right people to enable our business – so you’ll need to be a highly ambitious, hard-working team player who’s passionate about working with people, developing new, innovative ideas and is keen to learn, grow and take accountability. Some relevant work experience within an HR relevant field would be advantageous but is not essential. What you must have is:
- Degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in Business Administration, Psychology, Business Education or similar, ideally with a focus on HR
- Strong sense of responsibility as well as solution-oriented and proactive action
- Organisational talent with analytical problem-solving skill as well as a creative drive
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
- Willingness to move between multiple locations
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWE we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our Graduate Programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned an graduate buddy and a senior mentor within your field who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the HR business.
We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members. We are committed to developing our Early Career Cohort, encouraging their passion to grow, and helping to develop their skills with their future career in mind. Our development journey is anchored around a strengths based programme designed specifically for graduates, allowing you the chance to shape your own development and experience a deeply personalised learning in immersive learning environments. All this is further complemented by instructor-led training.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 70% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays; you can also buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
- Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- International rotations to Germany, Singapore, the US or possibly further afield
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Free on-site health care plus access to AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life matters
- access to a modern office & state-of-the-art IT
- open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies – join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
From here, you have a choice to make
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews, and podcasts. Find out more on https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal or by looking for us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
As an inclusive employer, we want to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at email@example.com.
Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or Julia Seelhöfer, T: +49 152 54806399
Apply before 23rd October 2023 with just a few clicks: 83232
Please upload your CV and cover letter in English and as one document. Also, please include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,800 employees from over 70 different countries trade electricity, gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from RWE.