What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location: Aldermaston nr. Reading, Berkshire
We’re looking for amazing graduates to join us…Is that person you?
Our two-year Evolve programme offers you an exciting opportunity to join our corporate and operations career pathway. We’re looking for amazing graduates and aspiring leaders to join us and shape the future of AWE …Is that person you?
You will be recently qualified in any degree discipline however a STEM degree would be desirable. Before starting with the business you will need to be able to provide evidence that you have attained a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree.
What to expect on the programme?
AWE plays a vital role in national nuclear security and the defence of the nation. The Business and Operational teams are key enablers of AWE’s mission. As part of the Corporate and Operations programme you will apply and grow your skills and experience in this unique environment and learn more about what you enjoy and where you want to take your career. You could start your journey in any of our functions. It will all be about learning about the business, building your future leader skills and having some great experiences.
During the programme there will be opportunities to be exposed to (amongst other things):
- Experiencing time in various operational or corporate areas of the business
- Learning about leadership in a large matrix organisation
- Getting involved in projects
- Understanding how a complex organisation works and fits together
- Develop further in an area of interest in year 2
The structured programme comprises of a series of placements to help accelerate your learning and advance the development of your critical skill sets. You’ve got the potential and we’ll prepare you for the future through leadership, business and behavioural training. You will get the opportunity to start working towards a leadership accreditation.
What behaviours you’ll have
You will possess the following traits and qualities:
- Growth Mindset; You’re full of grit and determination. Clear where you are going and how you will get there.
- Curious; you’re a person who loves to think outside the box. (You’re a person who loves to take the box apart!).
- Innovative; you’re open to learning about new technologies and ground-breaking ideas.
- Resilience; you’re an advocate of ‘speaking up’ for yourself and others openly and constructively.
- Team Worker; you’re dependable and reliable. You’re interested in collaborating with and supporting others.
What you’ll bring
You will bring the curiosity needed to help you steer and direct the course of your career and the part you’ll play in the UK deterrent. You will live your best self and make every-day count.
What you’ll get
We will give you a competitive total reward package including salary element of £30,000 per annum and fabulous benefits including a market leading contributory pension scheme.
You will also get:
- Generous holiday entitlement(270 hours of leave annually)
- Excellent work/life balance
- 9-day working fortnight (this means you will not work every other Friday!)
- A salary sacrifice benefits
- A welcome payment
- An option of an interest free loan of £1,000 as well as regular Graduate pay reviews and a structured and supported career progression
- Discounts – access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending across retail, hospitality and leisure
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field.
You must be able to Join AWE in October 2024. We recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as our positions have been filled, we will close.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role with us.
Our ambition is to create workplaces where we recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work. We strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide us will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.