SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defense, and security across 55 countries around the globe
Life At Smiths –
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centers of research excellence. From pioneering to powering life-changing innovation, we’re delivering threat detection and screening solutions to safeguard the world from threat
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in more than 55 countries, will be critical to our continued success
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AIML
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business
At Smiths Detection we believe in pushing boundaries, exploring new horizons, and revolutionizing the world through technology. With that in mind, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate to join us in this fast paced forward thinking environment, based at Hemel Hempstead with hybrid working.
Do you have a degree in either Finance, Science, Engineering, Business Management and are you analytical, thriving on everyday stakeholder engagement? If so, read on…
The Graduate Product Manager sits within the core Marketing function and plays a key role in the Aviation, Ports & Borders, Urban Security & Defense industry sectors functions. You will report into the Team Lead and will be given tasks to support several of the company’s products or product lines. The primary mission of this role is to work on specific projects that will contribute to key elements of the life cycle (aligned to the Product Lifecyle Process) of one or more products with the aim to generate maximum income, increase market share, increase profits, ensure return on investment, and improve customer satisfaction/experience while responding and aligning to the Division and Group’s overall portfolio strategy.
Join us and we’ll help build your career, with excellent training and opportunities for career growth across the business, both locally and globally. You’ll experience an inclusive environment, with strong leadership and a focus on safety and wellbeing. You’ll also have the flexibility to choose from a wide range of benefits to suit your lifestyle, offering you and your family support from a health and wellbeing, financial and lifestyle perspective.
Standard security clearance will be required including 3 years UK residency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with cross functional stakeholders necessary to deliver the PLP tasks for Product/s that they are accountable for efficiently and effectively between the relevant site (CoE / manufacturing facility), the Regions/Markets, Industries, contract/client, and partners where applicable.
- Work alongside the Product Managers to be able to do the following, over time.
- Develop skills to compile a Market Requirements Documents (MRD) and Product Requirements Documents (PRD).
- Ensure the PRD meets the market demand and is fit for purpose aligned to the Product roadmap and business strategy.
- Act as a liaison between Technology, Sales, Programs, marketing and Service to assist in the creation of product technical specifications. Provide input from all departments to the R&D design team/s, coordinate design review meetings such that New Product Introductions (NPI) meet sales and business objectives.
- Calculate the cost/benefit inputs to the return on investment discussion aligned to the MRD and PRD
- Contribute for the marketing section in the relevant PLP Gate process and associated milestones for their Product range in a timely and proactive manner.
- Consult with the product specialists and managers to support Sales personnel in key situations for Bids & Proposals, providing the Product information and compliance input when necessary.
- Maintain through periodic review relevant collateral to support and enable sales on the sales and marketing portal.
- Analyse market information to develop and enhance product sales plans, including market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Identify and communicate voice of the customer (VOC) and critical customer requirements to the business
- Deliver Product and/or Solution specific proposals, presentations, concepts and solutions to identified decision makers (internal and external)
- Work with the pricing analyst and Product/ Subsegment managers to analyze competitors’ strengths, weaknesses and pricing to ensure optimized price setting and ad hoc opportunities for accreting margin
- Conduct annual pricing reviews of all products within area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Engineering/Science/Finance Discipline, with Masters in Management/Marketing/Business.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and Visio
- Work experience in Product marketing with Financial experience and know how
- Experience creating and managing a Product roadmap.
- Knowledge and experienced in the use of SAP as a tool.
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. We have several employee-led Employee Resources Groups (women@work, Black Employees Network, Veterans, Pride Network) providing support, enhancing career development, and contributing to personal development in the work environment and beyond.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing. Avoid fraudulent requests by applying jobs directly through our career’s website (www.smithsdetection.com/careers)or LinkedIn.