SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defense, and security across 55 countries around the globe
Life At Smiths –
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centers of research excellence. From pioneering to powering life-changing innovation, we’re delivering threat detection and screening solutions to safeguard the world from threat
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in more than 55 countries, will be critical to our continued success
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AIML
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business
Smiths Detection are looking to hire a Graduate Electronics Engineer with intent to further their knowledge and experience to progress into an Engineering role to take on design and support tasks independently. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global company where innovation has no boundaries.
Smiths Detection offer you a career and love nothing more but to help build it with you. We are committed to encouraging career growth and progression across the business, both locally and globally, as we realise the value and importance of a high performing work-force.
As a Smiths Detection employee, we offer you a range of benefits including a ‘flexible benefits scheme’, providing you with the flexibility to choose from a wide range of benefits to suit your lifestyle for today,
Duties and Responsibilities:
What you’ll do :
- Design to specification complex electronics for harsh environments
- Understand and interpret technical requirement specifications.
- Optimise design concepts to provide cost-effective solution that will meet requirements.
- Recommend changes to design to improve ease of manufacture or yield improvements.
- Function as a team member on multi-functional project teams, across multiple projects
- Specify and conduct verification testing of design solutions, to ensure they meet the requirements.
- Produce documentation to define the product design, enabling the cost-effective manufacture of the design.
- Estimating tasks and executing work packages within defined scope and budget.
- Assemble PCBs using surface mount & through hole technology.
- Assemble cables including military style connectors to a robust standard
- Provide technical product support to manufacturing & service.
- Responsible for personal health & safety of all that may be affected by your activities, to arrange appropriate risk assessments whilst working internally & externally for Smiths Detection
- Degree level in an Engineering subject with baseline knowledge of Electronics covered
- Basic Electronics appreciation through home projects or other experience.
- You must be capable of holding SC CLEARANCE
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. We have several employee-led Employee Resources Groups (women@work, Black Employees Network, Veterans, Pride Network) providing support, enhancing career development, and contributing to personal development in the work environment and beyond.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing. Avoid fraudulent requests by applying jobs directly through our career’s website (www.smithsdetection.com/careers)or LinkedIn.