Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: 34,690 – £40,510
Start Date: ASAP
Position: National Supply Chain Assistant
Role Specification: Forecasting Assistant
Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there’d simply be no products in those stores.
An opportunity has arisen for an experience Supply Chain professional to join Aldi’s National Supply Chain Department as a Supply Chain Forecasting Data Specialist.
If you’re always striving to improve and want to join a really important part of the business, apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role
- Maintain overall control and responsibility for all demand forecasts for all Key Business Stakeholders.
- Analyse sales trends and product behaviours to build future forecast profiles.
- Supervise large data sets for accuracy and consistency, whilst drawing meaningful conclusions from data trends.
- Management and control of multiple supply chain projects and tasks, working with Buying, RDC’s, Stores and suppliers to deliver to agreed timeframes.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and management of all levels of business.
- Management and control of supply chain forecasting processes, KPI’s, development and continual improvements, to maximise availability of product into the RDC’s from suppliers, and DCs to stores.
- Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Deliver successful Christmas and key events.
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
- GSCE’s or equivalent qualifications
- Demonstrate understanding of supply chain processes and using data analytical techniques to draw meaningful conclusions
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels is key
- Ability to identify data trends and come to meaningful conclusions
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Need strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Organisational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Innate curiosity; always striving to improve and simplify processes and ensure consistency wherever possible
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, be pro-active and work on own initiative, working both in a team and independently
- Ability to investigate and analyse a challenge and offer a solution
- A desire for continued personal development
- Flexible and resilient when workload demands it
What You’ll get in Return
- Salary starting from £34,690 rising to £40,510
- 5-day/40-hour week, working Monday- Friday, with the opportunity for remote working 2 days per week.
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years
- Long service rewards
- Access to MyBenefits, where you can find a wide range of benefits, including our bike to work scheme, shopping and cinema discounts, health cash plan, a FREE will, travel and discounted gym memberships, as well as a host of benefits to support your financial and wellbeing needs
Aldi is an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and are dedicated to promoting a culture of inclusion, providing an environment in which collaboration, respect and fairness are essential. We value diversity and are dedicated to treating all of our colleagues and prospective colleagues fairly and with respect.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you more, apply today!