Our solutions are a key part of most industries – electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Empowering people and enabling solutions for a more sustainable future
We know that the role of the Finance professional is changing. For companies to thrive, we rely on commercially minded people who can offer not only an expertise in finance but can also streamline process and is effective at dealing with key stakeholders.
This future-focused development opportunity will support our Global Enabling Functions, providing financial insights and guidance on new and existing business metrics, helping the business understand financial performance and question current and future performance.
Based in our global headquarters, we are looking for a recent graduate who wants to continue their learning and growth in a professional Finance capacity within a large matrix organisation.
A place where innovation thrives
We create some of the purest vacuum environments on earth for widescale use in industry and research. We take pride in our globally recognised position as the primary technology partner and supplier of vacuum and environmental solutions that support our customers productivity and environmental targets. Our solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. Our caring culture and cutting-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future, and we believe that passionate people make it happen.
Edwards is one of our key brands within the Vacuum Technique Business Area (VTBA) and is part of the Atlas Copco group. With over 12,000 employees worldwide across VTBA, we are proud of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America. One of our greatest strengths is the diversity of our workforce with people of all educational and cultural backgrounds working together. We believe that talent and diversity is the key to success and that everybody should feel valued and able to reach their full potential, both in their development and their contribution to the business.
About the programme
Our four-year Finance Graduate programme will provide you with the skills to bridge the gap between non-financial stakeholders and finance to improve the understanding of critical financial drivers and allow for improved forecasting and informative choices. You will gain stakeholder buy-in from all levels to increase the accuracy of the business plans, annual budgets, and monthly forecasting. Over the duration of the programme you will learn to oversee monthly journals, present monthly financial performance review packs, and highlight threats and opportunities to key stakeholders.
As a Graduate you will work at a strategic level as part of our truly global team. During your programme you will gain an in-depth appreciation of our business mission and operational practices along with developing a strong understanding in reporting, audit, tax and fixed assets. As part of your programme you will study towards ACCA professional accreditation and will be enrolled on the Level 7 Accountancy and Taxation Professional Apprenticeship which is delivered in partnership with our training partner BPP. At least 20% of your time will be spent working towards your qualification and there is an expectation that you will also dedicate some of your own time to achieve academic success in your exams. Here you’re empowered to explore opportunities and drive your professional development and in return we will ensure you have access to all the training, learning and assistance you need to become a specialist in your area of expertise.
You will be based in our Vacuum Technique Business Headquarters in Burgess Hill, Sussex, a short journey from the vibrant seaside city of Brighton and Hove.
To succeed, you will need
- Recently achieved or working towards a minimum 2.1 degree.
- A strong desire to work in a global finance function and complex matrix organisation to achieve business objectives.
- Committment to ongoing learning and professional studies to achieve academic success.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office and the mindset and willingness to learn Excel to an advanced level.
- Commercial awareness and clear business acumen.
- A strong customer focus is essential.
- Data skills would be an advantage.
- Effective, accurate and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- To think in a clear manner, remains calm under adverse conditions, and reaches reasoned solutions.
- The ability to build strong relationships with other people, inspires trust and confidence.
- To be highly organised and self-motivated with a strong feeling of responsibility.
Due to apprenticeship funding rules you must have the unrestricted and continuous right to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
In return, we offer you
- Starting salary of £30,000, annual discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, hybrid working, health cash plan for free dental, optical and therapies, contributory pension scheme with up to 8% employer contribution, ride-to-work scheme, electric car scheme, Employee Assistance Programme.
- A robust career development plan, including online learning modules and on the job practical training.
- Early Careers Community forum and a global network.
- Mentoring programme.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including football, badminton and wellbeing webinars.
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives, including Diversity & Inclusion forum, Neurodiversity and LGBTQ+ employee groups.
- Paid volunteering leave days.
- Continuous support and coaching.