Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
So, where better than to join Tilbury Douglas! We are a reputable leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit out company and can offer both exciting and varied projects providing the perfect opportunity for you to fulfil your career ambitions within construction!
The things that make us different make us stronger, which is why diversity is plays such a key role in Tilbury Douglas. An inclusive culture drives business success and benefits everyone. We know by introducing a diverse workforce, new ways of thinking, innovative approaches which have not yet been explored will be introduced and everyone makes a difference including you! We invest in our people, their health and wellbeing are integral to what we do. Working at Tilbury Douglas is a rewarding environment. It is our people who make Tilbury Douglas a success, and you can join us and be part of building a better future!
Visit our website Early Careers section for more information to help you decide if this is the career choice for you: Tilbury Douglas Early Careers
Locations: Coalville, Wigan, Bristol, Exeter, London Eastcheap and Livingston
This role is based on a construction site as part of the site management team and will support the Site Engineer with regards to security, health and safety, along with organising and supervising materials and people. You will support the Site Engineers in marking out the site, making sure designs are applied correctly and liaising with customers and smaller companies who are working with us.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the Site Engineers in planning and organising daily work involving: reading drawings, keeping records, following administration procedures, monitoring quality of work delivered by sub-contractors.
- Provide support with the preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other items that must be completed and delivered as required to complete successful Construction projects.
- You will develop the skills to use levelling equipment and measuring devices enabling use of computer-based systems – e.g., Computer Aided Design tools and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Support the site team in ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety, along with ensuring the site is compliant with the company’s standards for the environment and sustainability.
- Holds a degree in Construction Management (or derivative of) with a 2:2 classification or expected to achieve on graduation in 2024 (essential)
- Holds a full UK driving licence or will hold a full UK driving licence by August 2024 (essential)
What we will need from you
- Experience gained from a year in industry or summer placement with a Construction or Civil Engineering Contractor (highly desirable)
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design/construction IT packages.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects.
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable.
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
Our Graduate Programme – Find out more – Early Careers – Tilbury Douglas
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary starting at £30,500 per annum
- Car allowance starting at £4,250 per annum
- Support from our professionally qualified team to coach and mentor you, providing you with experience you need to progress becoming a chartered construction manager (CIOB)
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- 3 additional long service days achieved after 3, 7 and 10 years
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance and advice
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and parental leave
- Perks at Work employee discount scheme offering discounts on a range of categories such as electronics, home appliances, food & groceries, car buying, travel, fitness and more.
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
How do I apply?
Click Apply Now to register your details and start your application journey!
Deadline for Applications
Friday 24th November 2023. – As our Graduate Programme is very popular, to avoid disappointment, please ensure you apply as soon as possible.
Our Recruitment Process
As part of the application, so we can find out more about you and what you can bring you will be asked to answer some questions in addition to uploading your current CV.
If you successfully meet the criteria, you will be invited to the next stage which will involve some online tests. Notifications and further instructions will follow.
The final stage will be a face-to-face interview along with a presentation with one of our Hiring Managers at one of our regional offices.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
We look forward to receiving your application!
We do not have a licence to be able to offer sponsorships
We do not use recruitment agencies for any of our Early Careers Recruitment