SMITHS DETECTION MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE
Every minute of every day, in nearly every country across the globe, Smiths Detection people and technology make the world a safer place. We safeguard people, business and infrastructure with the latest innovations and screening technology for aviation, ports, borders, defense, and security across 55 countries around the globe
Life At Smiths –
- Global leader: We impact critical systems every day with sites in 17 countries and six centers of research excellence. From pioneering to powering life-changing innovation, we’re delivering threat detection and screening solutions to safeguard the world from threat
- Digital growth: A key part of our capability is the integration of digital technology across our business and our operations in more than 55 countries, will be critical to our continued success
- Exciting opportunities: Our growth is creating exciting opportunities to work with experts in physics, chemistry, electronics, mechanics, production, computer science, and AIML
- International environment: With some projects, work requires global collaboration and the potential to travel and grow with the business
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial OTI Specialist. This role is based at Hemel Hempstead with hybrid working, so commutable distance is essential.
This newly created role will play a pivotal part in a strategic transformation that will change the way Smiths Detection manages orders from initial customer enquiry , to receipt of cash and you will have the opportunity to contribute to this significant lasting change, impacting the way we manage our customers’ orders and ultimately creating a direct improvement to our customer’s experience.
You will have proven and demonstrable experience within a similar sales or senior administrator role, with the confidence to communicate at all levels with excellent administration and IT skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
Join us and we’ll help build your career, with excellent training and opportunities for career growth across the business, both locally and globally. You’ll experience an inclusive environment, with strong leadership and a focus on safety and wellbeing. You’ll also have the flexibility to choose from a wide range of benefits to suit your lifestyle, offering you and your family support from a health and wellbeing, financial and lifestyle perspective.
Standard security clearance will be required including 3 years UK residency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all types of sales orders including eCommerce orders, in full cycle from quote to cash in accordance to Smiths guidelines and policies.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external parties to manage and resolve all issues relating to order fulfilment
- Manage and input all sales order timely to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage and input all sales quotations in SAP to ensure accurate data for pipeline management.
- Ensure backlog (orders outstanding) is managed efficiently with no past due status
- Attend weekly and monthly internal meetings
- Participate cross-functional initiatives when require
- Ensure clean backlog at all time and compliance to audit requirement.
- Share best practices among the team to improve and drive efficiency.
- Ensure system and operation transactions in compliance with law, regulatory taxation as well as Corporate policies.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is in place to enable transit from origin to destination without delays and in accordance with customer need and foreign trade regulations with support from the sales and finance teams where relevant.
- Ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the supervisor/management.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior experience within sales & order administration, logistics and customer service.
- Strong hands-on working experience of SAP.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships both internal and externally.
- Customer focused.
- Self-motivated and pro-active and able to work on your own initiative without close supervision.
- Work environment during normal or extended business hours includes employee’s residence, Smiths Detection location or other location as required.
Competencies and Abilities:
- The ability and motivation to persistently pursue and achieve effective results which drive the business forward.
- The ability to make good judgements using the information available and making effective timely decisions.
- Willing and able to identify and support change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates the required technical knowledge and skills to achieve in their role.
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. We have several employee-led Employee Resources Groups (women@work, Black Employees Network, Veterans, Pride Network) providing support, enhancing career development, and contributing to personal development in the work environment and beyond.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing. Avoid fraudulent requests by applying jobs directly through our career’s website (www.smithsdetection.com/careers)or LinkedIn.