Smiths Detection (Part of the Smiths Group) is offering an exceptional opportunity for a commercially astute Commercial Officer to join our Hemel Hempstead based Service Commercial and Programmes team on a permanent (hybrid) basis. This is your chance to showcase your commercial acumen and work with a team of experts to drive contract performance and profitability.
As a Commercial Officer, you’ll play a crucial role within our dynamic service commercial and programs team, supporting the Head of Global and Complex Service Agreements and Global Service Program Managers. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful delivery of contracts, meeting financial targets and exceeding customer expectations. You’ll be at the forefront of driving profitability by identifying and capturing opportunities, managing risks, and improving contract renewals.
But that’s not all – you’ll also have the exciting opportunity to independently manage a service contract. This will allow you to demonstrate your capabilities in overseeing commercial performance, financial management, and customer satisfaction, further developing your skills and expertise.
Collaboration is a key value in our organization. You’ll have ample opportunities to build collaborative relationships with our external partners, contributing to the overall success of our contracts and ensuring that customer expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
To excel in this role, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification is preferred. However, what we truly value is your willingness to learn and develop your skills. Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and the ability to effectively manage planning and schedules are essential. Your self-motivation and results-driven attitude will enable you to thrive in our dynamic environment.
At Smiths Detection, we prioritize investing in our employees’ professional growth. As part of a global FTSE 100 company, you’ll have access to a wide range of career development opportunities. We are committed to helping you thrive and progress within our organization.
Join Smiths Detection and embark on a rewarding career where you can make a real impact. Apply now and take the next step towards a brighter future as a Contract Management Associate.
Duties & Responsibilities
Team Support Tasks:
- Support contract management tasks: track and address risks/opportunities, plan reviews and renewals, report contract delivery performance.
- Co-ordinate cross-functional collaboration for effective contract delivery.
- Report preparation and financial data analysis support.
- Ensure that corrective maintenance requests are dispatched with appropriate parts
- Follow-up on parts and field service orders to ensure delivery to contract (direct and in-direct)
- Assist contract managers with the development of plans and schedules
- Prepare contractual letters and other commercial documents in support of contract managers, working in conjunction with the legal teams
- Undertake specific improvement projects targeted at improving our contractual performance
Contract Responsibility Tasks:
- Oversee commercial performance and financial management of a service contract including forecasts, budgets, revenue management and profit improvement.
- Analyse, track and monitor contract and business performance in accordance with customer and internal business requirements and prepare monthly reports (KPIs according to contract as well as revenue, cost, margin, delivery performance and customer satisfaction).
- Ensure delivery to contract in accordance with internal and external expectations, within time and budget constraints.
- Conduct regular meetings with customers and liaise on behalf of the company to ensure that all requirements are successfully met.
- Manage contract changes, renewals, and renegotiations.
- Manage key account plan and business forecasting
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Basic experience in commercial service and contract delivery
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the delivery and management of contracts
- Basic knowledge of contract negotiation and issue resolution, with a strong willingness to learn and develop skills
- Good business and analytical skills.
- Financial and commercial acumen, cost management.
- Planning and schedule management
- Self-motivated and results-driven
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Detection
Smiths Detection is a global leader in detection and screening technologies for the protection of people and assets, supporting safety, security and freedom of movement in today’s world.