Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, UK, SN5 6PB
Start date: September 2024
From here, choose a whole world of experience
Looking for a graduate programme with real growth potential? Join us at the UK headquarters of RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) and follow in the footsteps of the many RWEST managers and traders who came through the programme before you.
From day one, you’ll be helping us continue our expansion into new markets and locations. Throughout the programme, you’ll be developing the skills and knowledge you need to become an industry expert.
The contribution you’ll make
From here, you’ll do four six-month rotations, starting off in Swindon in the UK with others potentially in London, Germany (Essen), Singapore, or USA (Chicago). You can then seek to continue your career beyond the graduate programme into any of our global locations.
To make sure you build up a broad awareness of the business, at least one of your rotations will be in a non-trading function. Other than that, you get to choose which areas of the business you work in. These could include:
- Proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG, metals, carbon)
- Freight Trading & Operations (Shipping)
- Commercial Asset Optimisation
- Sales & Origination
- Analytical functions such as Structuring & Valuation, Risk Management or Data Science
- Business support functions such as Back Office or Finance Controlling
- …and much more
We are especially interested to hear from candidates who would choose to do a rotation in Data Science,
and who are interested in applying their coding and Python skills to fields including quantitative analysis and
machine learning. We are also very keen to hear from candidates who want to apply their Maritime/Shipping
expertise in a commercial setting.
The qualities you’ll bring
Passionate about the energy industry? Want to learn and grow alongside experienced industry experts? Looking to explore new markets with a commercial business that is growing on a global scale? Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Some relevant work experience is useful but not essential. What you must have is:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a highly analytical and numerical subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Maritime, Economics or Data Sciences
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
- IT proficiency
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Motivated to take on new challenges, whether operating independently or in a team
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Flexibility and mobility needed to travel to multiple locations
From here, you’ll have a community of support
At RWEST we have an energy to be inclusive and believe diversity drives success. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experiences you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you the chance to shape your own career path and personal development, and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned a graduate buddy and a senior mentor within your field who can advise on rotations and introduce you to key people within the business. We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members. We are committed to developing our Early Career Cohort, encouraging their passion to grow, and helping to develop their skills with their future career in mind. Our development journey is anchored around a strengths based programme designed specifically for graduates, allowing you the chance to shape your own development and experience a deeply personalised learning in immersive learning environments. All this is further complemented by instructor-led training.
And after the programme? The only way is up! Around 70% of our graduates are still working with us long after their programmes have finished. So the skills you gain should provide the perfect springboard for your future career.
Supporting you as well as your learning
We’ll do everything we can to help you fulfil your potential with us. We offer a wide variety of initiatives to support you in and out of work, including:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays; you can also buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
- Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- International rotations to Germany, Singapore, the US or possible further afield
- Financial assistance when moving on international assignments
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Free on-site health care plus access to AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health, or life matters
- Access to a modern office and trading floor with state-of-the-art IT
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies – join any of our employee networks for social interaction (including Diversity Ambassador Programme)
- Flexible benefits, including discounts at shops
From here, you have a choice to make
Keen to discover more? Why not meet #TeamRWE where you can get to know some of our colleagues better through videos, testimonials, interviews, and podcasts. Find out more on https://www.rwe.com/en/rwe-careers-portal or by looking for us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of sex, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
As an inclusive employer, we want to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. If you’d like to request any adjustments or know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions? email@example.com or Paul Roberts, T: +44 1793 475172
Apply before 5th November 2023 with just a few clicks: 83240
Please upload your CV and cover letter in English and as one document. Also, please include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and the energy markets around the world. Approximately 1,800 employees from over 70 different countries trade electricity, gas, commodities, and CO2 emission allowances. The trading entity also ensures the commercial optimisation of RWE’s power plant dispatch and markets electricity from RWE.